Sunday, February 12, 2006

Men Without Pants

Earlier this week I saw the Black Watch & Band of the Welsh Guards perform.

It was a parade of leopard skins, knee socks, kilts and tall, fuzzy black hats. Yes, I did just say men in kilts. Bagpipes, drums, marching, etc. Very much a curiosity to American women - with not an ounce of emasculation, rather a new level of sex appeal.

Funny how knee sock clad, kilt-wearing Brits are so intriguing. And I'm sure this question was not uttered backstage: "Does this tartan make my butt look big?"

I think most women found their 'skirts' (if I dare call them that, and I do) 'hot'.

Of course during the performance my mind occasionally wandered ... their tall, black hats (made of bear and/or ostrich feathers) brought me back to Gene Simmons in KISS (without the makeup and skin tight clothing). I know it's wrong - they shouldn't be compared - but you might think the same thing.

  • Click here, and pretend you're 20+ rows back by squinting.


  • And then I thought of the one hit wonders, Men Without Hats, which I think will close this post - which also crossed my mind during the performance:
    We can dance if we want to / We can leave your friends behind / 'Cause your friends don't dance / And if they don't dance / Well they're no friends of mine

    No comments: