Saturday, February 17, 2007

Thinking warm thoughts ...

It snowed this week - which was lovely. But it also has been below freezing for a handful of days. And I'm over the below freezing and gusty wind stuff.

Granted, it could be far worse - like in upstate New York with a record-breaking 63 inches of snow in February. But I personally would be a happier homo sapiens if temps stayed between the mid-30s to mid-80s. After all, a 50 degree range seems quite reasonable a request. Heck, I'd let it go up to 90 if we could cut back on humidity.

While I am well aware that I have conditions attached to my concessions, can't a girl wish?

Speaking of, some troubling tales from the land of e-dating:

-J closed a guy dressed as Spartacus in his photo section. And then there was the guy (allegedly seeking women) and yet his profile referred to his ideal mate as "he" this and "he" that.

-M was closed by a guy who basically told her that (in his mind) she was too ambitious professionally and too "old" to fulfill his desire for two children (and the unsaid - a stay at home trophy wife). He then ended it with an emoticon.

-I closed a guy who loved the pageantry arts. After I figured out just exactly what "pageantry arts" meant, which are not really objectionable, but ...

-M and E were matched with a dude that is topless in his picture, and so should not be. Man boobs, deer in the headlights bug-eyes, and the most hideous 1960s era sofa in the background.

Must confess that I think it's better that we learn these things within the safety of our own homes - in comfortable pjs, eyeglasses, and hair in a ponytail - rather than having gone to the trouble of makeup, hair, outfit for a first date of tortuous length with an M&M sweatshirt wearing goober.

No comments: