Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Coming Home

I found an unexpected box on my front doorstep today. I love getting cards and packages the good, old fashioned way!

It was a slightly belated (by eight months, give or take) b-day gift from my dear friend MJ. As she put it: "they were on their way this summer but turned left at Labor Day and decided to do a thesis on European Christmas customs."

She sent some great goodies my way ... wrapped and packaged in a very MJ way. One was wrapped in tissue paper and multi-colored woolly yarn. The tissue was crimped and twisted and rather three-dimensional. Pretty much a piece of modern art with its crunchy, crinkly appearance. And the yarn wove through the tissue in unexpected places - sort of like haphazard shoe laces. It was raveled round and round the book and the tissue paper.

I felt like a cat with string - unwrapping, unwinding, unwrapping, batting it around.

It was perfect.

No comments: