Friday, January 19, 2007

Overactive Mind

Can't sleep. Wish I could - yawning plenty but also flipping & flopping in the bed, feet seem to be getting colder by the minute, and I'm interrupting the dog's sleep. Not that she's complaining, but I hear her collar as she raises her head when I make a move and then rests it down when I settle in for a few seconds. I feel like I'm trying to nest - to get deep enough in the bed that I fall into a Cinderella sleep. If only I could do the nesting that dogs do - round, and round, and round, with a few paw taps - before deeming it a worthy spot to sleep.

I think I'm on mental overdrive because I'm contemplating change. I may be interviewing for a new job very soon, think I have a good chance of getting it, and so there's a lot to consider. . . also am dating again and in that early stage of "what if"-ology.

Staples has that shiny, red "easy" button; I could use any color button - as long as it says "sleep," not sheep.

No comments: