Monday, April 10, 2006

Colors of Spring

I'm so happy it's springtime. More hours of daylight, more green grass and warmer temps. But the biggest announcement that it's officially spring, for me, is when my favorite neighborhood nursery reopens and trays of flowers begin to line the building. Each day I drive by it to/from work and enjoy the expanding collection of flowers.

I'll go in May to buy flowers for my window boxes and maybe a few other plants. I'm also hoping my hydrangeas made it through the winter - so far one of them doesn't look so great. It was already the second hydrangea - I killed the first one there by not planting it at the right level. So, fingers crossed. If not, I'll buy my third one from the nursery. Wouldn't mind buying some other bulbs or plants for my planter in the backyard too.

I visited my Dad yesterday. His backyard landscaping and so-called 'great walls' are expanding with bushes, shrubs and flowers. He also showed me the section of their iron fence that was bent back by the storm last week by falling branches. It was amazing to realize that tree limbs could bend back iron so easily, so quickly. I also beat him at backgammon - which is always a small feat as he's quite competitive! So, I'll just have to savor this victory for a little while!

Now off to enjoy a walk w/the dog outdoors.

No comments: