Thursday, June 22, 2006

Road Trippin'

This past weekend I drove from STL to BOS in two days with MJ. We were on the road for 24 hours within a 48 hour span. Of course this also included stops for gas, bathroom breaks, the odd stretch & stroll, and some eating in places other than the car. Oh, and traffic in NJ, 5-6 hours in PA (luckily that state is more scenic than KS though still a bit monotonous on the 5th hour), and a semi that fell on its side and caused a rerouting of traffic on a tollway.

Other than that, it was uneventful so I'd say it went great. I even got a nice farmers tan in addition to some quality time (or captive audience) with MJ!

While in BOS, we spent time with my funky uncle & aunt who are so very easy going & kind; met up with VP and saw her new cool three-decka in Cambridge, and moved MJ into the Harvard dorm. And since it was in the 90s we had some yummy strawberry rhubarb ice cream. MJ also tested the cake batter ice cream, which tasted very much like the real thing. Dee-lish!

Luckily I flew back - no more long distance driving for awhile - though I would like to have more driving vacations, to see the great American landscape in all its dullness & splendor.

Anyway, it's back to the grind. Thank heavens tomorrow is Friday. Too bad I can't have longer weekends than workweeks. Hmmm, someday ... maybe.

No comments: