Sunday, January 29, 2006

Sunday at the Movies

Greetings and happy Sunday afternoon to you. Where did the weekend go? Traveling during last weekend & week really throws off the routine. I feel like I'm still catching up - on work, home stuff, sleep, projects, friends, etc.

Today I saw "Match Point," the new Woody Allen movie. Not your typical film by him. In some ways it reminded me of "Closer" as it deals with relationships and very little else. I loved so many of the lines in "Closer" - very well written, so much painful honesty. In "Match Point" I liked how they would linger on someone's face, their expressions, for a prolonged time. Very interesting. Plus it doesn't hurt to stare at Jonathan Rhys Myers (may have his name wrong) - that' some good eye candy projected on the big screen!

Of course I saw "Match Point" at this local theatre that tends to be more anger management than most. It has a chronic problem with movie talkers. Not a big fan of commentary during the film. This joint always has some old folks who feel compelled to comment throughout the movie. Anyway, it's one of my two movie theatre peeves - strangers sitting next to you (no empty seat) or right in front of you (when there are plenty of open seats) and talkers. Okay, so I have three. Give me a second and I'll come up with more.

No comments: