Saturday, January 28, 2006

Hello! Alright, am formally starting my mission to write ten minutes a day.

Ten minutes is very doable, right? Right. After all, that's the time it takes to:

-sit through the commercials on "My Name is Earl" and twice as long as the ads during "Lost"
-blow dry and style my hair (only done for 'special' occasions - will elaborate on my hair follicle philosophy another time)

Now that I've convinced myself (or tried to), thought I'd post today's writing prompt - created in roughly ten minutes at our second writer's group meeting. The first sentence was the prompt, the rest was stream of consciousness - a fast scribbling of random thoughts. Here goes nothing...

She thought the noise was a helicopter, but when she looked in her sideview mirror, she noticed she had a flat tire.

"Damn," she pounded the steering wheel and slammed on the brakes.

The air bags exploded, causing her hand to slam against her face.

"Why does this shit always happen to me?!"

Wailing like a wounded animal, she opened the car door and fell out onto the hot asphalt, face first.

A few drops of blood fell onto her hand and the sleeve of her silk blouse.

"Just my lucky day. An annoying flat tire escalating into a collision and blood letting."

She rolled on to her back, looking up at the sky.

"Are you okay?" a husky voice said.

Turning her head, she saw her ex-husband, Randy, standing over her. That two timing squirrel boy, she thought to herself, as she bounded up and went for his throat.

No comments: