Friday, January 02, 2009

{Writing Prompt} In My Next Life ... Part Three

Sophie morphs from Goth, seemingly overnight. She starts borrowing my clothes. She's always been a twig but she seems to be filling out more. I ask her if she's pregnant and she slams her door on me. Later she confides that she is. Joe wants to marry her but she's not so sure. I help her break it to our parents and they're amazingly supportive, once they get past the shock.

Carl finally comes out of the closet, and Sophie is the first one to say "I told you so." He and Bobby are going to move to NY and pursue acting. Get out of the small town that we grew up in and be discovered.

In college I rush and pledge. I get my first choice, so my roommate Liz and I are in the same sorority. We live in the house and break most of the rules. When Sophie comes to visit for a weekend, we find ourselves back in the old rhythm of a more mellow time.

No comments: